Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Sunday 8 April 2018

Just started watching - Paul Soares Jr

This guy's a recent edition to our evening family YouTube watching - Paul Soares Jr.  Apparently he started in 2010 with Minecraft tutorial videos (he was one of the first Minecraft YouTubers).  He certainly has impressive Minecraft credentials - he even co-wrote the official Minecraft: Essential Handbook.  

These days he plays lots of games (such as Stardew Valley, PixArk and Subnautica).  I like him because he's professional, grown up and completely clean, language wise.  So though his videos may not be about typical kids games, they're great for watching as a family.  I wonder if it's because he's older?  Plus he's a Dad who plays games with his son, so perhaps the family side of things led him to make 'clean' videos.  I know I harp on about the language side of things, but I wish more YouTubers could be like this!

Recently he started a series on a game called PC Building Simulator.  This should probably be the most boring thing to watch in the world (you're basically watching someone fix broken PCs in a game - blowing dust out of computer cases, connecting cables, buying RAM and fitting it), but I find it strangely compelling.  I'm not sure Seb and Dad like it as much, but they watch it with me!  Dad likes to criticise the game since he worked in IT for years.  Likewise Paul Soares seems to be enjoying it partly because it brings back memories of fixing other people's PCs for a job.



Anyway, this guy's definitely worth a watch.  Entertaining viewing for the whole family and no nasty surprises...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...