Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Saturday 14 April 2018

April 2018 PS Plus Goodies!

I have to admit I'm finding it hard to be excited about this month's offerings, which is partly why it has taken me so long to blog about it.  There are a few family friendly ones here (and Mad Max, which I am more excited about, because I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stuff).  The two that are probably best for family fun are Toy Home and Trackmania.

Toy Home (PEGI-3) has the dubious honour of being the '83rd best game of 2007' on Metacritic (there are 95 games reviewed from that year).  It looks like a PS2 game in places, which is perhaps unsurprising since it's an early release PS3 game.  But there are far better looking games that were released that year, like Motorstorm and Dirt (and that's if we're only thinking of racing games).  I'm confused as to why, out of all the PS3 games that exist, Sony are giving this away!  Ok, so it's kind of fun for a bit (you drive with Sixaxis), but it's not amazing.

I might be being more negative than I need to be (Seb did seem to be enjoying this for a few minutes) , but when thinking about games where you're a toy car driving around in various rooms I measure all things against Micro Machines on the Amiga.  :-)


The other racing game then is Trackmania.  Although this is rated PEGI-3, it is HARD.  Fun but horribly HARD.  I doubt any 3 year old would cope with it - and despite my negativity, they WOULD cope with Toy Home.  (Incidentally Metacritic says it was the 56th best game of 2016, though they have 357 games in the list for 2016, so that's better than it sounds.)  Something Seb might enjoy, though we haven't tried it yet, is the track editor.  He loves games where you can build levels.

This month there's also In Space We Brawl (PEGI-7), 99Vidas (PEGI-12) and Q*Bert Rebooted (PEGI-3).


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...