Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Sunday 25 February 2018

What a desert templey day...

Today Seb decided he wanted to build a desert temple in Lego.  We do have a lot of Minecraft Lego, so we gave it a go, but apparently we needed a lot more sand!  Next time Seb says we need more Minecraft Lego I won't be able to disagree, at least if it includes more sand coloured bricks...  Still, it is probably recognisably a desert temple.  


After that Seb decided he wanted to build a desert temple in Minecraft, so we set up a super flat world in creative mode and off  he went.  You can't see the inside of the temple in the pic below but he has been copying that from pictures we googled, so it looks accurate (though no traps and no underground loot).  Oddly he didn't want it to be a sandy super flat world, he wanted to replace the grass blocks with sand as he went.  It's keeping him occupied though!  We did set it to be a desert biome, so it has interesting hostile mobs like Husks.


I have to admit I didn't know about Husks, but Seb bought a Minecraft sticker book from the book sale at school last week and it had a whole bunch of hostile mobs in it I'd never heard of!  I can't have played Minecraft enough in survival mode.  (Seb usually wants to do creative mode, though personally I much prefer survival.)  I had never heard of the evil 'illager' villagers, such as the Evoker, Illusioner or Vindicator, or the Vexes that the Evokers summon.  Seb said he'd seen them in a StacyPlays video.  So there you go, you learn something new every day.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...