Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Friday 16 February 2018

Game Review: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

This week we went back to one of our family gaming favourites - Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (or Dangerous Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime as Seb calls it).  This is a fabulous co-op game which involves up to four of you piloting a spaceship around in order to rescue space bunnies and defeat baddies.  There are various workstations that you take charge of - 4 normal guns, one special super gun, a shield, engines and navigation.  Usually Dad does the engine, Seb does whatever he feels like and I dash about to different guns as needed.  We don't usually die, and sometimes we actually seem to be quite good at it!  It's great fun though, good teamwork.  The worst thing about the game is that it's called Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, which people find quite odd when Seb tells them about it...

The game was free on PS Plus a while back, but it's not a huge sum of money now.  If you're looking for something really child friendly and not too complicated, that the whole family can play, I'd certainly recommend it.  It's rated PEGI 7.

Also when I think about it I get Lovers in a Dangerous Time by Barenaked Ladies in my head.  They're a bit of a geek musical pleasure from the past.  (In the UK their big hit was 'One Week'.)  Getting that in my head can only be a good thing, so hooray for the space bunnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...