Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Saturday 10 February 2018

February 2018 PS Plus Goodies!

Sometimes it can be hard to find child appropriate games for an (only just) 6 year old, so this month's PS Plus games were a bit of a win!  We have been playing Rime and Knack and both are just about possible for him, controls wise, as well as holding his attention.  Rime is rated PEGI 7 and Knack is rated PEGI 12.  However, I haven't see anything that makes them unsuitable for a boy of 6 (the violence so far in Knack is no worse than the violence in a lot of cartoons).

Rime is a rather mysterious tale of a boy who's shipwrecked on an island full of ruins.  You have to solve a series of puzzles to progress, with the help of a fox who gives you hints.  Some of the puzzles are a little tricky and have required parental help, but most of the steering has been done by Seb.  He's very excited whenever you see the strange red hooded figure, he really wants to meet them!  I think we're quite near the end now, so we will find out soon, one way or another.  I should also say, the art style is beautiful.

Knack is a cartoonish robot vs goblins game, in the vein of Ratchet and Clank.  He's 'cute' (in the words of Seb) when he's small, but by collecting artefacts and incorporating them into himself Knack becomes larger and more powerful.  He's got to help the humans defeat the goblins, who have somehow acquired tanks, so we'll see how that turns out!  We haven't played much of this as yet so I'll keep you updated...

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend both as a way of keeping your kids entertained.  Good games to play together, even if (in the case of  Knack) the 'together' mainly comprises of my husband shouting "JUMP!" every 5 seconds.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...