Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Wednesday 4 July 2018

July 2018 PS Plus Goodies!

I can hardly believe another month has gone by!  Unfortunately, this month is (again) not a very exciting month for family friendly games.  On the PS4 we have Absolver (PEGI-12) and Heavy Rain (PEGI-18), on the PS4 and Vita Space Overlords (PEGI-7), on the PS3 Rayman 3 HD (PEGI-7), on the PS3 and PS4 Extreme Exorcism (PEGI-7) and on the Vita Zero Time Dilemma (PEGI-18).

Absolver is a fairly well regarded multiplayer (online) fighting game, rated PEGI-12 for its 'frequent scenes of mild violence'.  I have read that there are some technical issues with the online matchmaking, but I haven't experienced this myself.  You can play it co-op with friends.

I was put off Extreme Exorcism by the title, but it's not the terrible evil game you might think.  Though it may lead to some questions about exorcism.  And I've found people think your child is watching things they shouldn't when they start talking about games that have odd things in them.  Like exorcism.  (Hehe...)  But this is a platformer where you use various weapons to destroy ghosts in a non-threatening haunted house (think Scooby Doo here, people), with non-scary 8-bit retro graphics.  Most of the game can be played with friends through local co-op.  This might just be this month's family friendly pick!  I will let you know what we make of it when we've tested it further...

As for the other games, Rayman 3 HD is fun for younger kids, but having been gifted the excellent Rayman Legends in May it seems a bit rubbish to be given an older Rayman game.  I'm also disappointed that Heavy Rain is here, even if it is remastered.  I played it on the PS3, I don't think I can be bothered to play it again, even if it is prettier!  (But if you haven't played it, it is good, just don't play it with kids around!)  I'm also interested to try Zero Time Dilemma (again, not one for kids!) but I use my Vita so rarely these days it always needs charging when I do pick it up.  Poor Vita.

:-(


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...