Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Tuesday 6 March 2018

March 2018 PS Plus Goodies!

This month's PS Plus games aren't the best, since the 'big'titles are ones that have been around for a while (you probably already have them if they appeal to you) and the other 'indie' type titles aren't ones I've heard of.  But one of the games is Rachet & Clank.  The game's rated PEGI 7 and that's because it has 'non realistic violence towards fantasy characters'.  I do have a problem with that as a reason for the rating, since kids watch plenty of cartoons on the TV that have the same violence in them.  *sigh*

If you don't have Rachet & Clank you should definitely download it.  Having said that, I haven't completed it.  So I don't know why you should listen to me.  I have completed other Rachet & Clank games, though I can't remember which ones.  Ones on the PS3, but I can't remember which.  It may even have been more than one.  It was a while ago...  There's a guy at work who LOVES Rachet & Clank the most out of all of the games in the world.  It's a bit strange, but he really really does love it.  He has replayed it so many times.  He lent it (or them?!) to me.  And it was good.  I wouldn't say it's the best game ever, but it was good.  Hehe.

The PS4 game is famous for being 'the game of the movie of the game', and was released at the same time as the film.  I believe it features some of the same cartoon sequences, which is why you can't record a lot of it with the PS4's sharing functions.  (It's blocked.)  The film does not rate as highly as the game...

The plot is basically this: Rachet & Clank have to save the universe from the evil Chairman Drek.  You play some of the game as Ratchet and some as Clank, who's a totally excellent sidekick (who doesn't love robots?!).  But one of the best things in the game is the weaponry.  There are some fantastic weapons such as the Groovitron, a disco ball that forces enemies near it to dance until they die.  (Now I come to type that it sounds like a horrible way to die..!!)

If Seb gets around to playing it (he has other games on his mind at the moment!) I will let you know what he thinks...


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...