Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Saturday 24 March 2018

Game Review: Where's my Water?

I know this isn't a new game (it was originally released in 2011), but Where's my Water? is a classic mobile puzzler and it's new to Seb, so I'm going to talk about it!  Seb's been playing this a lot this week, and I have to admit I played it a lot in the middle of the night when he was a tiny baby.  It's really fun!

The general idea is that Swampy the alligator wants to take a bath but Cranky keeps disrupting the water supply.  You have to dig through the soil using your finger to trace the route, in order to get the water to the inflow to his bathroom.  On the way you can find hidden treasures that unlock bonus levels and collect a number of ducks by soaking them with water.

There are various hazards, such as poison, slime, bombs and strange algae that grows when it gets wet.  There are pumps that, when you let water into them, move platforms.  There are so many levels with different mechanics to master, it's a brilliant mobile game (and it can be hard to find those amongst all the awful mobile games...).

Seb says his favourite thing about it is the puzzles.  As a 6 year old he concentrates very hard and works them out himself, but his friend doesn't seem to have quite the same motivation.  He also loves collecting the 'treasures' to unlock bonus levels, which introduce new things like using the accelerometer in the phone to move the water.

I know there was a sequel, and various spin-offs, but I think the original is the best.  The game is £1.79 on Google Play and you can add it to your family library.  There is a free version, but believe me, £1.79 isn't a lot of money for all the fun you'll have...

[We have been playing using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge]

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...