Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Sunday 28 February 2021

Shady Oaks SMP!!! (pages 1-4)

iBallisticSquid had an idea, an idea to start a new SMP...  Seb and I are pretty excited about this.  (POG!!!)   

SMP means "Survival Multiplayer", so this is basically an online server for Minecraft.  The most famous SMP so far is probably Dream's.  Unlike Dream's, Shady Oaks is a "family friendly" SMP, as you'd expect from the YouTubers doing it.  

The thing that makes this fun for people who've been watching Minecraft on YouTube for years is it's populated by "OG Minecrafters" - or "Old School.  As such, the people in at the start are DanTDMiBallisticSquid, ThnxCya and ThinkNoodles, also now joined by others like iHasCupquake and Bigbst4tz2.  Shady Oaks is a retirement community for OG Minecrafters!

They're putting some videos on YouTube, but also there's a LOT of streaming going on on Twitch.

The Rules


The main rules are no trading with villagers (to encourage spending in shops) and no crafting netherite armour or weapons.  There will only ever be one of each netherite object on the server, and these will eventually all turn up.  (The first to show was the netherite sword, "Kindness", for when you want to, er, kill someone with kindness.)

In my sad data-driven hobbyist way I started writing down everything that happened in different YouTubers' videos and seeing where they crossed over.  I don't know if I want to keep on with this, it takes a while (and the more YouTubers join the more videos will happen - not that everyone is making videos on their channels).  I coloured in the crossover bits.  :-)

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4


I know this is pretty much illegible, I'll figure out a way to put a PDF online or something. 

(Ok, I think I've uploaded a version that works to an Amazon Bucket!!  CLICK HERE!!)

I might update things a bit more, since I have gone through pretty much all the YouTube videos uploaded so far.  (And I admit I have also watched Twitch streams of Squid and Dan - if you do this, bear in mind the YouTube stuff is substantially behind the streams!)

So far there have been lots of shenanigans, with Think being the excellent comedic relief.  There have been plenty of tense moments between Dan and Squid.  Shady Oaks is definitely the shadiest of oaks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...