Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Saturday 7 September 2019

Just started watching: Kindly Keyin

Actually, we have been watching Kindly Keyin for a while now, but I just hadn't gotten around to mentioning it.  :-)

Seb says he's his joint number one YouTuber along with DanTDM.  It's great to have found him, since Seb loves watching him and he's totally family friendly.  However, he does have less appeal to grown-ups watching than some other YouTubers!

The thing I wonder about the most is how he stays sane.  I've looked through his last 50 videos and a massive 42% of them are Baldi-related.  Playing that much Baldi-related stuff would certainly drive me insane - I never knew there were so many strange Baldi mods out there.  What a terrifying world we live in.

(Because I am a sad, sad person I have made this pie chart showing my analysis of Keyin's videos.)

Kindly Keyin's last 50 videos (as of 7th September 2019)
I think Keyin is about 30 and lives in California.  It's hard to find out much about him.  But that's ok, it's great that he's actually managed to retain some mystery.  One thing we do know is that he had a baby in February.  Little Seth is, I suppose, one of the first kids to grow up with a famous YouTuber for a dad.  Not only does he have that, he's also starring in some pretty cute Father/Son Minecraft videos with his dad.  (He likes to play with the keyboard, understandably.)

I find the whole YouTubers growing up and having kids thing fascinating - I wonder what changes the arrival of DanTDM's kid will bring to his channel!

Anyway, I think Seth's arrival has made Keyin more watchable, if anything, since now there are baby comments dropped in that parents will appreciate (such as about tummy time in today's giant baby one that Seb was watching).  Having a baby is the biggest thing you'll do in your life, so it's great to see a dad looking after his kid on YouTube.  Perhaps this affects me more since Seb's dad gave up work to be a stay at home dad, and I know there's not a lot of positive Father/Son stuff out there.


Anyway, if you like Baldi (if you are a child of a certain age), then Kindly Keyin is ideal for you.  And if you're watching him as a grown-up with your kid, chose a Father/Son Minecraft episode.  They really are cute.  :-)

And I'm just gonna say, I'd never heard of the name Keyin before.  Is that a thing?  I guess it's a thing.  ;-)

2 comments:

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...