Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Tuesday 27 August 2019

Completionist Challenge, starting with RDR2!

For a while now it has bothered me that both Dad and I sit there and browse the PS Store/Steam looking at new games when we have loads sitting there that we've never finished.  (Dad is worse than me - he hardly finishes anything, for various reasons.)  I don't know why I do this - I have plenty of games that I've been meaning to finish, but what with work and Seb it's hard to find the time.  Especially if they're PEGI-18 and I don't want to play them while Seb's around.

I have games sitting there that I know will be fun, like Uncharted 4 and Dishonored 2, and I was given Assassin's Creed Odyssey for my 40th birthday.  My main problem is that I like open world type games where I have loads of thing to distract me, and I find it hard not to try and tick every box.  (I have to accept that I can't complete everything though, I'm not good enough to do the elite combat challenges in Assassin's Creed, like all the Elephants in Origins.)  But hey, I do a lot of the stuff, and I do the main story, so that counts.  I just don't have the time as a parent to be any more completionist.

One day I will get a platinum trophy...  They have eluded me as yet!

Anyway, I challenged Dad to finish some things, and I'm going to try and finish something I had been enjoying but stopped playing for a while - Red Dead Redemption 2 (PEGI-18).  Now, I know I won't get 100% completion on everything, but I'm going to do the main story and as much of the other stuff as possible.  I've already been playing it for (apparently) 2 days, 3 hours and 29 minutes, and I'm a little over halfway complete.

I am Arthur, the likeable murdering gang member...

I'm sure other parents have this problem with playing 18 certificate games - you only have a while each night while your child's in bed to play.  And you can't stay up as late as you used to, because you have to get up for work, and make your kid's lunch and get them up...  You know what it's like, if you have a kid.  Not that I'm complaining..!!

Thanks to the Rockstar Social Club you can get loads of progress stats.  Here is where I am currently:

...not good at being a bandit but great at exploring...
...which goes with the survivalist skills I guess...
...but not a big fan of weapons really...
...met lots of strangers but only halfway through missions...
...doing well apart from those gang hideouts...
...and one type of robbery (but I have had several baths)...
...and I don't know what those shacks are!

I'll keep you updated with my progress!  And we challenge YOU to try this too...

What games have you been meaning to finish for ages?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...