Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Saturday 11 July 2020

Lockdown Life: What's Your Happy Music?

This week was the last 'official' week of homeschooling - we would have broken up for the holidays now, if we weren't in lockdown still here in Leicester.  Seb had a couple of days off, but we did 70 days of 'Sebbie School' in total.  Not bad, and I think maybe he's even learnt one or two things.  :-)

Thank goodness he's only 8, I would have had problems teaching him if he was much older!  Though he learns a lot of stuff I never learnt at school, particularly where grammatical rules are concerned.  (The important thing in my book is that you realise what the correct grammar is, not that you know what it's called.  Hmm.)

We would have been heading off to North Essex for our summer holiday today.  Boo!  I wanted to see Sutton Hoo!  (I know that's not in North Essex.)  And visit Colchester Zoo.  And also see my parents...  Ah well.

School mental health activity

There was one activity in the worksheets the school had provided whose results made me laugh a little.  Seb has Aspergers and his view on the world is interesting at times.  He says one day he'll be a video game composer, and he spends a lot of his time humming various songs from games.  And sometimes re-enacting them with his body.  I can't really explain it.  But he often does 'Just Shapes and Beats' with his hands.  It's kind of endearing.

Anyway, the worksheet invited him to write down four songs that made him feel good, and he choose the following:

1. ColBreakz - GoodBye (from 'Geometry Dash')


2. Kenneth Young - Pig Riding (from 'Tearaway')


3. Nitro Fun - Final Boss (from 'Just Shapes and Beats')


4. Rainbowdragoneyes - Creatures ov Deception (from 'Just Shapes and Beats')


Out of those I'd have to say the one that makes me happy is 'Pig Riding'.  Tearaway has the nicest music.  I can't say the dubstep (or whatever it is, ok, I'm old) affects me in quite the same way.  

Seb said the music made him feel 'tingley and happy :-)'.  I'm not sure what game music I'd pick if I had to pick something that made me feel happy.  I don't tend to play the sorts of games that have that sort of music in them.  Maybe this......?


What music from games makes YOU feel 'tingley and happy' inside..?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...