Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Thursday 6 December 2018

December 2018 PS Plus Goodies!

The PS Plus games for this month are (drum roll please)...

SOMA (PS4) (PEGI-16)
Onrush (PS4) (PEGI-12)
Steredenn (PS3) (PEGI-7)
SteinsGate (PS3) (PEGI-16)
Iconoclasts (PS4, PSVita) (PEGI-12)
Papers Please (PSVita) (PEGI-16)

We're back to another month of not particularly family friendly stuff, then, though if you have older kids then Onrush (PEGI-12) is a crazy arcade style racer that's worth a look.  It's a fairly recent release (June this year) so is actually a pretty good deal compared to a lot of the things that end up on PS Plus.  There's no local play, but you can play with 2-12 people online.

If you're still using your PS3, then try Steredenn (PEGI-7).  This is a shmup (shoot 'em up)/rogue-like (procedurally generated) pixel art space shooter.  Sadly, this is also only one player.  If I can be bothered to boot up the PS3 (every time I try I discover the controllers have lost charge or something) then I'm definitely going to give this one a try.  It looks great, in an old pixel art kind of way, and lots of crazy space shooting and boss fights sounds like fun.  A different version of this, "Binary Stars", was released in March on the Switch (it's been out since June 2016 on the PS4).  It's sad that we didn't get the "Binary Stars" version as a December download - it's two players so would have been fun to play with other family members.

I should probably also mention Iconoclasts (PEGI-12).  This is a pixel art platformer in a Metroidvania style.  As well as defeating various enemies and bosses, the world is full of brain-teasing puzzles that you have to solve.  Unlike old-style platformers, this game has a proper story, and one well worth experiencing.  The game has also had a recent release on the Switch...

That's it for this month.  I have to admit I haven't been playing anything much lately, and a few of this month's games do intrigue me.  (Including SOMA, though it sounds scary!)  :-o

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...