Our Instagram!


Follow us on Instagram @WeGeeksWHF

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Still watching - Sqaishey

We've been fans of Sqaishey in this house for ages  now (Dad is less of a fan, but what does he know?).  This week she uploaded this video about her mental health issues, because it's Mental Health Awareness week.  I'm so grateful to her for uploading this, since it's an really important issue.  Kids should know that a) it's common b) you shouldn't be ashamed and c) you should always be able to talk about it. 

Learning about mental health issues at a young age can only be a good thing - I know that I've suffered since I was a teenager but was only just diagnosed with severe atypical depression (I'm 38!).  I wonder if I had started to deal with things earlier whether I would have ended up where I did.  Thankfully, with support and medical help you (and those around you!) don't have to continue suffering.  Like Squaishey says, it's a long process, but you don't have to feel like you're alone and no-one can help.


In an age where everyone is posting only the best (sometimes faked) parts of their lives on Facebook and Instagram, it's refreshing to see such an honest video from someone a lot of kids look up to.  Thanks, Squaishey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Life in Games 1: Little Computer People (1987)

Seb was trying to get me to work out my Top 20 video games of all time, and I narrowed it down to 20... but it was too hard to put them into...